Please use the form below to request detailed information on private piano lessons.
Please complete the form below
PRIVATE LESSON CURRICULUM
- Method Books (introduction of concepts, reading and writing music notation).
- Rote Learning (by showing and copying, the student learns pieces beyond their current reading abilities)
- Percussion and Rhythm
- Music Theory
- Small Weekly Goals (Lesson Songs to Practice)
- Larger goals (Recital Piece, development, preparation, and performance)
- Repertoire development, including pieces selected by student and teacher
Creative Music & Technology
- Introduction to music software production programs Logic, Garage Band, more
- Explore hundreds of instruments tones on electronic keyboard
- Experience playing lesson pieces on new sounds
- Record your own compositions and improvisations
- Create an album
- Program Drum Beats
- Introduction to MIDI programming
- Film Scoring
About Ashley Hill
Instructor Ashley Hill is a classically trained pianist, composer, and music educator. She has devoted her life to becoming an accomplished musician, and now creates music through others with her music education studio. She knew from the young age of six that music was her calling, and eventually graduated Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University in 2006 with a Bachelors Degree in Music Composition and Theory, with an emphasis in Piano Performance. Since 2002, Ashley has toured the world, performed for front of crowds of tens of thousands of people, and maintained a private piano studio of 30 students. She continues to fall more in love with music education every year, as that has become her core focus. She works with everyone from young beginners to competitive college-prep musicians. In addition to teaching, she scores music for commercials, composes and performs many forms of music, spanning classical chamber ensembles to progressive metal. She is a founding member of the critically acclaimed progressive rock 'super group' Orbs.
2015 PIANO RECITAL // HIGHLIGHT PERFORMANCES